Google Nexus One plagued with 3G issues?

Available for purchase as of January 5 (only in the US, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong at the moment), Google’s Android superphone, the Nexus One, seems to have some problems with 3G reception.


There’s a long thread over at the Google support forums, where some of the new Nexus One owners are reporting 3G connectivity issues in the US.

It looks like the HTC-made smartphone gets a weak 3G signal from time to time, and even switches to EDGE, while other T-Mobile phones have good reception.

Here’s what the first Nexus One users to report the problem has to say:

“I switched from a Moto Cliq, where I had 3-4 bars of 3G in my house constantly, to a Nexus One. I now either get 1 or no bars of 3G. I made sure that always use 2G was disabled, and I can’t seem to figure out what the problem is.”

Another (ex-BlackBerry) user continues:

“I upgraded from a Blackberry Pearl to the Nexus One. I cannot get any 3G service as of yet. Don’t know what the problem is. T-mobile and HTC support weren’t able to help.”

And another users says:

“I’m having this same problem. My G1 has 3G with full strength, but sitting right next to it my Nexus has 1 bar of 3G and keeps switching to Edge. If I let it sit for a while it may go up to 3 bars of signal strength but as soon as I start trying to use it the signal strength drops back down to one bar. I called T-mobile to make sure that I didn’t need to activate the phone or something to get 3G service. They said my account looked fine and that they couldn’t give me any more support since I had a Nexus One, that I had to call HTC. So I called HTC and they said that your 3G service is a T-mobile issue and they couldn’t help me. The fact that my G1 works perfectly sitting right next to the Nexus though makes me think it really is a problem with the phone.”

Ok, so it might be a problem related just to T-Mobile’s 3G (the carrier uses the not-so-common 1700MHz frequency). Until now, no one from the UK, Singapore or Hong Kong reported any issues with Nexus One’s 3G performance. But if someone will, then there’s certainly something not right with Google’s first phone. Let’s hope HTC and the big G will look into the matter and see what exactly is going on.

1 Response to "Google Nexus One plagued with 3G issues?"

  1. celulares says:

    well, that´s the problem with early adoption. I'm sure they'll fix it before going worldwide

Post a Comment

Leave Your Thoughts & We Will Discuss Together

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme